Elephant Foot Yam Kabab – Veg Shami Kabab
by Pari Vasisht
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17383 times
Elephant foot yam kabab – veg shami kabab, it nice crispy crust from outside and very soft from inside. Serves best with oil toasted whole wheat bread, pudina dip and onions.
- Grind all the ingredients together to a smooth paste. Adjust the consistency later with water.
- Oil the hands and then peel and cut the yams (they can cause itching).
- Combine the yam and turmeric powder along with water in a deep pan and boil till the yam is soft.
- Drain the water and allow to cool completely.
- In a food processor combine the cooked yam, ginger, garlic, coriander, green chillies, lemon juice and all spices and grind to a fine paste.
- Remove in a plate, adjust the salt and then gradually add the bread crumbs till you get a binding texture.
- Make 2inch flat kababs and shallow fry in little oil on a medium flame till the outer crust is nicely crisp and golden brown in colour from both the side.
- Serve hot with phudina dip.
- These kebabs are very delicate and need to be handled gently, especially while flipping.
This recipe was contributed by Pari Vasisht on 19 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.