Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8506 times
A sweet delicacy from lands of south india. .
- Remove the cream from the coconuts.
- Blend the cream along with the water in a mixer till it becomes thick and saucy. Keep aside.
- Combine 2 tbsp milk with the cornflour and make a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a deep pan and when it starts boiling, add the cornflour paste, while stirring continuously to prevent lump formation.
- Lower the flame and add the sugar, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Cool completely and add the prepared coconut sauce and blend to a uniform consistency.
- Add more sugar if the tender coconut water is not sweet.
- Serve chilled.
- You can use custard powder in place of cornflour.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.