Ek Toap Na Dal Bhaat ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 450 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18862 times
A speciality of gujarat which makes a meal by itself.
- Make a criss-cross slits on the onions, potatoes and brinjals, taking care not to separate the segments. Stuff the slits with the masala mixture. About half the mxiture will remain.
- Clean and wash the rice and dal separately.
- Soak the dal in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put the ghee asafoetida, toovar dal, soda bi-carb and turmeric powder in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, rice the remaining masala, salt with 3 cups of hot water and mix well. Microwave on high for 16 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour some ghee over the dish and serve hot with buttermilk.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||350.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||59 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.