Ek Toap Na Dal Bhaat ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 195 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44212 times
Another popular one-dish meal from the kitchens of gujarat, ek top na dal bhaat is an ideal choice for the evenings. Here, rice and dal are cooked together with vegetables and a typical combination of gujarati spices. Serve with plenty of buttermilk, to complete a meal that is sure to leave the family happy and satisfied!
- Clean, wash and soak the tooaver dal and rice in enough water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Make criss-cross slits on the onions, potatoes and brinjals taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff each of the onions, potatoes and brinjals evenly with the prepared masala mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker, add the, rice, toovar dal, asafoetida and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the stuffed vegetables, green peas, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee, mix well.
- Serve immediately with chaas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||271 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.