Eggplant and Macaroni Bake
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3584 times
Sliced eggplant sautéed in olive oil is layered with a tangy preparation of macaroni, topped with cheese and baked to create a picture-perfect delicacy! The mild flavour of pepper lingers in the eggplant slices even after it is sandwiched and baked with other ingredients, making it a very pleasant treat to the taste buds. Serve the Eggplant and Macaroni Bake fresh off the oven before it becomes watery.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and pepper powder in a plate and mix well.
- Coat each slice of eggplant with the plain flour mixture.
- Heat the olive oil on a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the eggplant slices on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till both the sides turn light brown in colour.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the pizza sauce, macaroni, tomato ketchup, chilli flakes and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the pasta layer into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 eggplant slices on a microwave safe plate. Put a portion of the prepared pasta layer on each of the slices and spread it evenly.
- Cover with the remaining 2 eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of grated cheese on each stuffed eggplant and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||658 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||37.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||45.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.