Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8358 times
Eggplant Bake is a baked eggplant or brinjal recipe which is low in fat and calories. Pair the eggplant bake dish with hot soup and a green salad for a perfect healthy meal.
- Set the oven temparature to 250 degrees and turn it on.
- Wash the eggplant and peel it.
- Slice it into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Brush the slices with olive oil on both sides,sprinkle a pinch of salt on each slice, arrange the slices on a cookie sheet,and bake for 5-6 minutes on one side, and 5- 6 minutes on the other side, just so that the slices are wilted and soft.
- While the eggplant slices are in the oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, and saute the sliced onion. To it, add the julienned carrots and capsicum, and a pinch of salt,stir fry for 3-4 minutes till the veggies are half cooked and remove from fire and set aside.
- Check the eggplant slices in the oven.
- When they are wilted, remove them and set the oven temparature to 350 degrees, again turn it on.
- In another pan, boil the milk.
- When it starts boiling, add the grated mozzarella cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir it well, and melt all the cheese really well. This is the cheese sauce.
- Set it aside.
- Line the bottom of a baking casserole with breadcrumbs, and arrange 3-4 eggplant slices.
- Add a layer of saute-ed veggies on top of the eggplant slices, and pour some of the cheese sauce on top.
- Add a layer of breadcrumbs, and repeat layering till all the eggplants , saute-ed veggies, and the cheese sauce gets over.
- Shake the casserole gently a few times so that the cheese sauce gets into all the nooks and corners of the veggie layers inside.
- Top the casserole with a final layer of breadcrumbs, flatten the surface,add a layer of butter on top, and bake on the 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
- By now, your kitchen would have been filled with the yummy smell of butter and cheese.
This recipe was contributed by v_saj on 05 Nov 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.