Eggless Whole Wheat Strawberry Pie
This recipe has been viewed 1097 times
This is a sweet baked recipe that has a healthy whole wheat crust outside and a melt-in-the-mouth sweet strawberry inside.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a slightly dry and not wet dough. Cover with a cloth and set aside.
- Take 2 small oven-safe bowls/katoris and grease them with oil/butter. Sprinkle little semolina/suji so that the dough wouldn’t stick to it. Set aside.
- Spread some flour on your work surface and roll out the dough into ½ inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter/katori, cut the dough into 2 equal round circles such that their size is bigger than the mouth of your greased bowls/katori.
- This is because the dough should cover the greased bowls entirely from the inside.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter/katori cut 2 more circles. This is to cover the mouth of the greased bowls.
- Take one greased bowl and place one bigger pie crust circle in it. With a gentle hand, make sure the crust covers the sides of the bowl.
- Place half the strawberry filling in it. Cover it with the smaller pie crust circle. Brush it with milk/oil. Repeat the same for other pie too.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for a while.
- Serve warm/cold.
This recipe was contributed by PK'sKitchenEquations on 02 Jun 2015I am a food blogger and foodie, loves cooking and sharing recipes
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.