Eggless Multigrain Mango and Jaggery Cake
by luv 2 cook
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5828 times
This recipe is dedicated to all those people who aré having diabetes and all those health conscious people who crave for cakes but have to control themselves due to some unhealthy ingredients involved in it like maida and sugar. I am sure even kids would relish it. For people who have diabetes just do not include mango in the recipe.
Add your private note
Eggless Multigrain Mango and Jaggery Cake recipe - How to make Eggless Multigrain Mango and Jaggery Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 35 minutesMakes 10 to 12 pieces
- Take a flat bottomed round tin and grease it with oil also sprinkle some flour inside the tin and keep aside.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together at least twice and keep it aside.
- For baking you can take a pressure cooker just remove the whistle from the lid.
- Now keep the cooker plate inside it or any plate which has a width of 1-2 inches this would prevent the cake from getting burned.
- Now close the pressure cooker and keep it on medium flame for 15 -20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the batter, put the jaggery and 2 table spoon water in a mixer and blend it into a fine solution.
- Now take a empty vessel first add the jaggery solution and oil and mix it nicely than add curd, milk and mango puree in it and mix it again till a fine mixture is formed.
- Now add the cardomom powder and put the flour mixture in 2-3 batches in the wet ingredients and mix it gently do not be too hard its okay even if there aré some lumps visible.
- Finally if you feel the batter is too dry you can add some more milk and mix it.
- Now pour the entire batter in the greased tin, now carefully open the cooker and keep the cake tin inside it and close the lid.
- Let the cooker be on medium flame for another 15 minutes than you can reduce it to low flame and let it cook for 60 minutes.
- Once done you can just open the lid and check if the cake is done by inserting a skewer or a knife inside it if it comes out clean than your cake is done if not than let it cook on low flame for 10 more mts.
- Once the cake is completely cooked just remove the tin outside and keep it aside for cooling, only than your cake would cleanly come out of the tin.
- You can relish this cake with tea or coffee.
This recipe was contributed by luv 2 cook on 01 Jul 2013i an basically born and bought up in mumbai. since last 6 yrs have relocated to bangalore..i really ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.