Eggless Dates Cake
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3153 times
This is a great recipe for making kids to eat dates who don't like to eat it.Even adults who don't like the taste of dates can try this.
- Sieve together flour and baking soda for two times which helps in even mixing.
- Warm the milk and soak dates in it for 10-12 mins. You can even microwave them for 1-2 mins so that dates becomes soft which helps in easy grinding.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius (360 degree F)for 12-15 mins.
- Grease an 8" inch round or square tin with oil/cake spray and sprinkle a tsp of flour over it and turn the tin to coat the tin with flour evenly on all sides.
- Once the milk mixture comes to normal temperature grind it along with sugar to a smooth paste.
- Add oil to the mixture and pulse it until completely mixed and pour into a wide mixing bowl.
- Add the flour one table spoon at a time and fold in the mixture slowly using a spatula.
- Take nuts in a small cup and sprinkle a tsp of flour and coat the nuts well.
- Add nuts to the cake mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the cake batter into the ready tin and tap it once.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 mins until done.
This recipe was contributed by Lathiya on 02 May 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.