Eggless Date and Coconut Mousse
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6186 times
This is a refreshing melt in the mouth mousse which has a distinct flavour of dates and coconut and the lingering taste of cashew. it has a lovely texture with fresh coconut against a smooth milk base.
tip- cashew can be replaced by blanched almonds.
- Soak the china grass in 1/2 cup water.
- Grind the soaked dates in milk coarsly without adding water.
- Grind fresh coconut and cashewnuts very coarsly with a little milk separately.
- Mix the 3 cups milk, sugar and condensed milk and sugar and bring to a boil. reduce the heat and add the date mixture, mix well and let it cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the china grass till dissolved and then strain.
- Add it to the milk mixture and mix well, cook for 2 minutes. switch off.
- After a few minutes when slightly cool, add the ground coconut cashew mixture and the vanilla essence.
- Pour into a mould and chill until set.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by dhuva11 on 16 Sep 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.