Eggless Chocolate Pudding
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60961 times
The Eggless Chocolate Pudding is the perfect dessert to surprise your vegetarian friends with! They will be astonished by the fabulous texture of this pudding, achieved using versatile agar-agar instead of fat-laden eggs. Made in a jiffy, this recipe is sure to top the list of your favourite chocolate desserts, as it is low in calories yet intense in its flavour and aroma. Although low in fat, this pudding is better enjoyed occasionally, when you feel like digging into something chocolaty.
- Combine the cocoa powder with 2 tbsp of low-fat milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the agar-agar with 1½ cups of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the agar-agar dissolves completely, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a muslin cloth and keep aside.
- In the same pan, boil the remaining milk, add the agar-agar mixture, sugar substitute and cocoa- milk mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 8 glasses and allow it to cool slightly.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till the pudding sets completely.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.