Eggless Chocolate Mousse ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38526 times
The beauty of this dessert is that it is made without using gelatine! use milk chocolate to make the milk chocolate mousse, and white chocolate to make the white chocolate mousse. When you want to use it in a mousse-cake, juts fill this mousse in a piping bag fitted with a nozzle when it is semi-set, pour into the desired mould and then allow it to set.
- Soak the china grass in ¾ cup of cold water for 1 hour. Put to cook on a slow flame until it dissolves. Keep aside.
- Combine 1 ¼ cups milk and sugar in a deep pan and bring to boil.
- Remove from the flame, add the dark chocolate and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining ½ cup of milk with the custard powder and bring to boil. When the milk starts boiling, add to the chocolate mixture and go on stirring and cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the dissolved china grass mixture and cook for another 2 minutes. Strain the mixture and go on stirring it until it is slightly cold. Keep aside.
- Beat the fresh cream with the powdered sugar, add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add this cream mixture to the chocolate mixture, mix well and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours till it sets well.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.