Eggless Chocolate Cake Using Oil ( Cakes and Pastries )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51148 times
This yummy eggless chocolate cake made using a mix of butter and oil is super soft and can be the starting point for many fascinating desserts.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb together. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar, butter and oil in a bowl and whisk well till all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the vanilla essence and ½ cup water and whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix gently using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f)for 35 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave aside for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.