Eggless Chocolate Cake Using Curds ( Cakes and Pastries )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 204 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 164868 times
If you love the heady aroma of warm, freshly-baked cakes, then this Eggless Chocolate Cake Using Curds is one of the first things you should try.
It is so richly-flavoured and so spongy, you can use it in just too many ways! Have a slice right off the Oven lace it with honey and serve with tea, top it with ice-cream for dessert, decorate it with your favourite icing for a Birthday Party , or use it to make layered Cakes and other delicious Desserts .
Indeed, this eggless chocolate cake offers a perfect base for your masterpieces.
- Sieve the plain flour and cocoa powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds and soda bi-carb in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar and ¼ cup of hot water in another bowl and whisk well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the plain flour-cocoa mixture, curds and vanilla essence and mix to make a smooth batter with help of a spatula.
- Put the batter in a 175 mm. (7”) diameter greased and dusted baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f)for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, keep aside to cool, demould and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedges
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.