Eggless Apple Pie
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97318 times
Eggless Apple Pie, it is an American classic preparation. A pastry filled with an apple stuffing and served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Combine the butter and plain flour in a bowl, rubbing the mixture with the palms of your hand, so that small lumps are made.
- Add the sugar milk, and enough water and knead into a dough. The dough should be like that of puri.
- Cover the dough with moist muslin cloth for 5-10 minutes.
- Take 2/3rd of the dough, and roll out to make a big chapati of this dough.
- Line the 9" pie tin with the chapati and trim the edges. Take a fork and prick the pastry at the certain intervals of gaps.
- Bake the pastry in a pre-heated oven at 150 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- The pastry should be about half baked. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the apples, and saute till they turn little soft on a slow flame.
- Add the sugar, apple juice and cinnamon, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- The apple should be half soft and should be releasing lots of juices.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well, remove from the flame keep aside.
- In a semi baked pastry add the apple filling and spread it evenly.
- Roll out the chapati from the remaining dough, you can either cut strips of this and make a wire mesh for the pie or keep it whole and just cover the pie.
- Spread little butter on top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the mould and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
This recipe was contributed by ChefOfTheFuture on 30 Sep 2018I am the future chef.....training to be a proffessional chef......i love cooking and baking....i bel...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.