Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7498 times
Egg-drumstick curry presents an unique curry recipe with the boiled eggs simmered in a coconut based curry with drumsticks. A South Indian egg curry recipe with a great taste and rich coconut flavours. Enjoy with rice or appams.
Add your private note
Egg-drumstick Curry recipe - How to make Egg-drumstick Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- wash , clean and cut the drumsticks into 2-21/2 inch size, add little water and salt to it and keep for boiling.
- in the meanwhile grind together coconut, red-chilli-powder, turmeric and cumin seeds coarsely.
- then add to it the chopped onions and grind once again into a medium consistency paste.
- now heat oil in a pan and season it with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry-leaves and onions.
- fry till golden brown and then add the ground masala paste and the boiled drumsticks.cover simmer it.
- after one boil open the lid and put the eggs where ever the water is boiling(or boil the eggs separately, cut them and put it).
- cover the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.
- then slowly stir the curry and then switch off the flame.
- serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by manju_bijoy on 25 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.