Egg Curry By pearlie
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38404 times
A simple way to prepare the popular Egg curry with boiled eggs is offered in this recipe. An ideal main course recipe to be served with rotis or rice, the egg curry has the right blend of masala powders, ground paste and onion-tomato puree.
- Boil eggs, shell them make slits on them & keep aside.
- Boil potatoes, peel cut each into 4 & keep aside.
- Broil 2 tspns of sombu powder & keep aside. grind ginger & garlic & keep aside - (if using paste no grinding required). grind coconut into a fine paste & keep
- Wash the mixie after grinding the coconut keep the water.
- Take a vessel pour oil, when hot add the onions, green chillies & curry leaves & fry till onions are golden brown now lower flame & add ginger & garlic paste & from for 2 mins.
- Now add chillie pwd, corriander pwd. turmeric pwd, pepper pwd & continue to fry on low heat till the oil comes to the surface
- Add a little water if required to prevent the masala from burning & mix- fry till oil come to the surface & the masala as fried nicely
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes & continue to fry till tomatoes are soft
- Now add the coconut paste, & sombu pwd, the water which you washed the mixie- mix well
- Add 2 cups of water extra - & leave to simmer for 5 mins or till the gravy is thickening
- Now add the potato pcs. & eggs stir gently- cover & leave to simmer for a further 2-3 mins
- Remove from heat garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- When the curry has cooled down a bit add the lime juice & gently mix the curry serve with rice, chappatti’s, paratha’s etc.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.