Easy Yummy Dal Pakwaan
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4356 times
A tasty sindhi delicacy made of thick and creamy chana dal served with crispy pakwans.
Add your private note
Easy Yummy Dal Pakwaan recipe - How to make Easy Yummy Dal Pakwaan
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings
- Combine the plain flour with cumin seeds, salt and enough water, mix well and knead into a smooth dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 5" diameter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the puris till crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the dal with salt and turmeric powder and pressure cook with enough water till the dal is cooked.
- Add the red chilli powder, mix well and coil for 3 minutes.
- Serve the dal with prepared pakwans topped with onions.
This recipe was contributed by samrud02 on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.