Easy Tur Dal Rasam
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11744 times
The tur dal rasam has to be served hot with plain rice and papads.
Add your private note
Easy Tur Dal Rasam recipe - How to make Easy Tur Dal Rasam
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Mash the dal lightly and add the pepper, cumin seeds and garlic cloves.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth, adding enough water. Keep aside.
- Boil the tamerind water along with little more water and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till the tomatoes are soft, add salt, turmeric powder and the dal paste and mix well.
- Bring it to boil for 5-6 minutes and add little more water, if necessary.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add mustard and 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves the rasam and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.