Easy Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Spinach, Feta and Walnuts
by Anu Nagaraja
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2200 times
Healthy and nutritious, yet, satisfyingly scrumptious salad recipe.
Add your private note
Easy Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Spinach, Feta and Walnuts recipe - How to make Easy Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Spinach, Feta and Walnuts
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degree Celsius.
- Combine the pumpkin pieces with olive oil in a bowl and spread these on a lined baking tray.
- Roast this for 20 minutes or until cooked and develops some charring on the outside(mine needed 18 min) keep an eye on them. Give them a toss midway every 10 minutes.
- Transfer in a bowl and in the same baking tray place the sliced red onion, toss it around to coat it with olive oil and roast for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the same bowl.
- Add chili flakes, salt and mix well and keep aside.
- In the serving platter, place cleaned de-stalked baby spinach leaves all over as a bed and spread some chopped walnut pieces over this.
- Spread the roasted pumpkin/squash pieces and red onion over this
- add cubed or crumpled feta , pumpkin seeds and season with little more salt and pepper (more red chili flakes if needed).
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar, additional olive oil (optional) over this and serve with wedges of tomato.
- If you so wish you can mix balsamic vinegar, red chili flakes, additional olive oil(optional), salt and pepper and add as the dressing at the very end just before serving.
This recipe was contributed by Anu Nagaraja on 16 Nov 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.