Easy Moong Dal Paratha
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7158 times
Moong dal paratha offer a simple way of reusing left over dals and also adding proteins in the form of moong dal on the table. The cooked and mashed moong dal is stuffed in the wheat rotis are shallow fried till crispy golden.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and boil the moong dal till soft and cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and the cooked moong dal and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well and saute for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, cool and divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 4" diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the corners together to seal the edges.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6" diameter.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha using little oil till golden brown form both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make more 3 parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by dimple_davda on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.