Easy Mirch ka Salan
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13800 times
Enjoy the hyderabadi cuisine specialty, the mirch ka salan with biryani or any rice dish. The authentic hyderabadi flavours come alive in this stuffed green chillies recipe and brings a spicy delectable touch to your menu.
- Deseed and remove stalk of chillies.
- Put plenty of water to boil in a deep pan, add the salt.
- Add the chillies in boiling water, and cook till they turn whitish in colour.
- Drain, chop into large sections or keep whole.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the chillies and saute for 1 minute. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the cumin seeds in the same oil.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida, ground paste, coconut and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground powder, masala powders, mix well and simmer till oil seperates.
- Add the salt and tamarind water and 1 cup water and mix well and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the chillies and boil till the gravy is thickened and oil floats on top.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sweth10 on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.