Easy Lachko Dal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8461 times
This dal can be eaten with chapati, bhakari or garmagaram with garnished coriander leaves.
- Soak moong dal for 10 minutes.
- Drain, add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and red chilli powder, mix well and cook till tomatoes turn soft.
- Pour this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Bring the dal to boil and simmer for 4-6 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by diptigokhale on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.