Easy Idli For Indians in U S A
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7832 times
In USA only two types of rice are easily available in Indian stores.
Serve this popular South Inidan snack with coconut chutney, tomato chutney or sambar.
- Wash and soak both the rice together in enough water for 8 hours
- Wash and soak urad dal in enough water in another bowl.
- Grind rice and urad dal separately to a smooth paste.
- Combine both the rice and urad dal paste in a deep bowl, add salt and mix well with hand.
- Cover and keep aside in conventional oven (pre-heated 350 degrees for 5 minutes. ) to ferment overnight.
- Once the batter is fermented put spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 15 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney, tomato chutney or sambar.
This recipe was contributed by yani on 01 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.