Easy Ek Toap na Dal Bhaat
by Foodie #48100
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6371 times
Ek toap na dal bhaat is a gujarati specialty one pot(toap) main course recipe with rice and lentis(dalbhat) cooked together in one pot along with vegetables and spice powders.
Add your private note
Easy Ek Toap na Dal Bhaat recipe - How to make Easy Ek Toap na Dal Bhaat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Make criss-cross slits on the onions, potatoes and brinjals taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff each of the onions, potatoes and brinjals evenly using the prepared masala mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker, add the asafoetida, rice, toovar dal and turmeric powder, mix gently and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the stuffed vegetables, green peas, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee, mix well and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.