Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26726 times
Learn an easy way of preparing punjabi cuisine specialty, bhatura. Bhatura is the indian fried bread which is traditionally prepared from a dough fermented with yeast and typically served with chickpeas or lentils
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt, mix well and sieve the flour. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds and sugar, mix well and add this to the flour.
- Add about a cup of water, mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into the dough, mix well and cover the dough with a wet cloth. Keep it aside for an hour.
- Divide it into 16 equal portions, roll them into balls.
- Cover and keep aside for ten minutes.
- Grease your palms with a little oil and flatten the balls. Roll into five inch diameter circles.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry bhaturas on high heat till light brown on both sides.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.