Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6631 times
An adai is a steamed rice pancake recipe which is traditionally prepared in south indian households as breakfast with tuar dal, chana dal and rice as ingredient. The rice batter is mixed with chopped chillies, onions and hing and then spread on a hot pan with little oil. A crispy and delicious adai recipe which can be even filled with dal or coconut filling.
- Soak the black gram dal, toovar dal, chana dal, rice and red chillies in 2 cups of water for two hours and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the salt, grated coconut, onions, coriander and asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and grease with little oil and sprinkle some water.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly like a pancake (dosa), as thin as possible.
- Make a hole in the centre and cook using a teaspoon of oil in the centre and around the edges, till golden brown in colour.
- Turn the other side and fry till brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by devindra on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.