Dum Phool Gobhi
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17996 times
The mouthwatering dum phool gobhi is a traditional north indian cauliflower delicacy where the phool gobhi or cauliflower florets are cooked under pressure (dum) in a rich spicy gravy.
- Clean cauliflowers, removing all leaves and trimming stalk. Part the florets in a few place for the spices to seep in.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the ginger and garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add all spices and tomatoes, and saute until oil separates.
- Cover cauliflowers in the paste, pushing some of this paste in between the florets.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with a foil and cook at 225ºc for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on all cauliflowers and put them back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, place on a serving dish and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti.
This recipe was contributed by sircar_moni on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.