Dum Dahi Methi Murgh
This recipe has been viewed 22221 times
Dum dahi methi murgh is a lip smacking chicken or murgh recipe which is cooked under pressure or dum along with curd and chopped methi leaves. Dried methi leaves or kasoori methi may also be used instead of fresh leaves. A delectable chicken recipe, the methi murg is best enjoyed with naan or roomali roti.
Add your private note
Dum Dahi Methi Murgh recipe - How to make Dum Dahi Methi Murgh
Preparation Time: na Cooking Time: na Total Time:
- Clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Slice the onion, brown in a little ghee and grind to a fine paste.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in curd, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and salt for 6 hours.
- Heat ghee in a narrow mouthed degchi, add bay leaves. add finely chopped methi leaves. stir-fry for three minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook till the gravy starts boiling. add dhania and jeera powders and browned onion paste. stir.
- Cover the degchi and seal, using the dough. cook over low heat till the flavours are given out.
- Uncover the degchi and sprinkle the mace and cardamom powder.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.