Dum Aloo Achaari
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13876 times
An indian gravy vegetable dish made of potatoes and full of spices, cooked in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the potatoes and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker, add the prepared paste with salt, turmeric, sugar, garam masala, and chilli powder and saute until browned and produces an oily residue.
- Add pickles and mix well.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes, allow to absorb gravy mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water, close cooker and allow to come to pressure cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapatis, naan or rice.
This recipe was contributed by Divi.shri on 16 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.