Dum Aloo By Nidhi
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12786 times
The popular dum aloo is a traditional north indian recipe wherein the aloo or potatoes are cooked with spices and onion-tomato paste under pressure or dum. Devour the classic dum aloo ,cooked in a rich spicy gravy with naan or parantha.
- Peel, wash and prick potatoes with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the onion paste and saute on a high flame till the paste changes colour to light brown.
- Add the cashewnut paste and beaten curds, mix well and add ginger paste and garlic paste and saute for half a minute.
- Add the red chili powder, coriander seeds powder and turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and saute on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 21/2 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fried potatoes and salt, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and kasoori methi, mix well and cook on dum for 10 minutes on a slow flame.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nidhi_b_77 on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.