Dum Aloo ( Potato In Tomato Gravy)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25574 times
An authentic recipe to recreate the magical dum aloo (potato) at home by cooking the boiled and diced potatoes in a rich gravy under dum or pressure. Add cream, chopped coriander leaves and a paste made from nuts and poppy seeds to make the recipe all the more rich and delectable.
- Peel the potatoes. And cut them into small cubes.
- Grate the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the saute till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala, mix well and add 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.