Dum Aloo ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68045 times
Extra spicy to complement the chill weather of the mountains, this kashmiri curry is popular all over the country, and abroad. You can make amazing dum aloo in half the usual time, if you use baby potatoes and cook in a microwave.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1½ cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Cool the mixture slightly and blend in a mixer to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Pierce them all around with a fork and place them in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Place them in water for 5 minutes. Peel them and keep aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the butter and the remaining ½ tbsp oil in another microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 40 seconds.
- Add the cardamom and the prepared gravy, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the potatoes, dried fenugreek leaves, honey and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and the coriander and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||539.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||23 mg|
|Folic Acid||24.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.