Dudhi Pista Halwa
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9264 times
Dudhi pista halwa presents a creative variation to the traditional indian mithai, dudhi halwa. The grated bottle gourd or dudhi is cooked with pistachio along with milk and sugar. Relish the dudhi pista halwa garnished with elaichi powder.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a deep pan, add the bottle gourd and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame till the dudhi is cooked and milk is absorbed.
- Add the pista and sugar, mix well and cook while stirrring continuously.
- Add a pinch of the colour dissolved in milk and mix well.
- Garnish with powdered elaichi and cashews and raisins and serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by gloriosa on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.