Dudhi Palak ka Saag
by theekhi meethi
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22098 times
Load up iron and fiber in to a tasty package with this easy to prepare dudhi palak ka saag. The spinach is cooked with chopped bottle gourd along with tomatoes and spice powders and served best with roti or rice as main course
- Soak the chana dal in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the green chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida, bottle gourd, spinach, dill and chana dal and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, mix well and being to boil.
- Add the turmeric powder, mic well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 20 minutes.
- Add the raw mango and salt, mix well and cook on a very slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis or moong dal khichdi or just plain rice.
This recipe was contributed by theekhi meethi on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.