Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37494 times
Dudhi kofta offers one of the very no-fuss vegetable dishes which are prepared from grated bottle gourd and the gravy also has much lesser oil and calories than the typical malai koftas available at restaurants. Enjoy the kofta curry with roti or rice.
- Roast the besan in a pan till brown and keep aside.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the bottle gourd and keep aside.
- Combine the besan, groundnut powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the salt, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, hing, green chili paste and coriander-cumin seed powder, 1/2 tsp oil and bottle gourd and mix it well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chopped onions and saute till slight brown.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till oil separates and tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add little water gradually to make a gravy and boil for few minutes.
- Just before serving, add the koftas and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.