Dry Peanut Chutney Powder, Maharashtrian Shengdana Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28867 times
A no-fuss recipe that is easy and straight-forward but bursting with flavour, the Dry Peanut Chutney Powder is something that can be found in every Maharashtrian home.
This delectable powder of roasted peanuts, garlic and spices adds josh to any meal with its crunchy mouth-feel and vibrant flavour. It stays fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for 15 to 20 days so you can make a sizable batch and keep it, to enjoy with your daily meals.
You can also try other chutney powders from across India, like the Dry Garlic Chutney and Chutney Podi
- Put the peanuts in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the peanuts on a big plate and cool slightly.
- Remove the skin of the peanuts by rubbing the peanuts between your hands to separate the skin and the peanuts.
- Combine the peanuts with all other remaining ingredients in a mixer and blend till coarse without using any water.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.