Dry Methi Subji
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5440 times
Dry Methi Subji, it is a dry subji made up of methi leaves accompanied by toovar dal. It serves best with chappatis and rice.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a deep vessel, add the toovar dal, close it with the lid and half cooked it.
- Remove from the flame and drain out the excess water, save the drain out water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the red chillies, asafoetida, 2 tbsp saved water from toovar dal and methi leaves, mix well.
- Close and cook till the leaves get cooked.
- Add the drained toovar dal, salt, sugar, chilli powder and coriander cumin seeds powder, mix well.
- Cook till all the water get evaporated, dal is completely cooked and subji becomes dry.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 26 Apr 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.