Dry Fruit Pancakes
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12285 times
The dry fruit pancake is basically a specialty pancake recipe. A healthier version of simple maida based pancakes, these dried fruit pancakes is prepared with flour blended with eggs, milk and salt and filled with a healthy mix of dry fruits, honey and sugar. A perfect breakfast option!
- To prepare the pancakes, first of all mix the flour with the baking powder evenly in a mixing bowl.
- Next dissolve the yeast with a cup of warm water and add to the flour, along with the milk and egg.
- Mix uniformly by adding little water at a time to form a lump-free egg-like batter.
- Leave aside the mixture for half an hour or so to rise.
- Now that the batter is ready, grease a fry pan with a few drops of oil and heat it on medium flames.
- Pour 1/2 a ladle of the batter into the pan and with the back of the ladle spread out evenly to form as thick a pancake as possible.
- Once the top of the pancakes start to bubble turn to brown the other side too.
- This way prepare as many pancakes as the batter suffices for.
- While preparing the pancakes, in another bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned for the filling to form a mushy lump.
- Stuff each pancake with a spoonful of the filling mixture and roll into cylindrical shapes and arrange them all on a serving tray.
- Decorate them by sprinkling icing sugar with a halved cherry on top of each.
This recipe was contributed by Atasi on 04 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.