Dry Fruit Halwa
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29555 times
Dry fruit halwa is a traditional, rich and nutrient dense halwa recipe with crushed nuts added to ghee, sugar and milk and then enjoyed as barfis or halwa as dessert.
- Boil the grated bottle gourd in 1/4 cup of water and remove from the water.
- Heat 75 ml of water in a deep pan, add the sugar, mix well and boil till the mixture becomes a thick syrup.
- Add the saffron, dry fruits, mava and the cooked doodhi and colour and mix well.
- Cook till all the water is absorbed.
- Spread this halwa in a thali and garnish with silver foil.
- Serve into desired shape pieces.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.