Dry Fruit Gola ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70845 times
Dry fruit gola, tu hi tu, tu hi tu, satrangi re… look out for the seven colours of the rainbow on your favourite gola! golas, made from crushed ice laced with sherbets of different flavours, are a relief from the scorching heat. Crushing machines keep churning out the ice, to be merged with various fruit flavours like kala khatta, rose, mango… name it and they have it! don’t forget to have the malai gola made with condensed milk or the very interesting cadbury gola.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan, add the sugar and simmer till it reduces to half its quantity, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool and keep refrigerated till required.
- Place 2 cups of ice cubes in an ice-crushing machine (refer handy tip) and crush till fine.
- Place the crushed ice in a bowl, press it and unmould on a serving plate.
- Pour 1½ tbsp of pineapple syrup evenly over it.
- Pour ½ cup of rabadi and sprinkle 1½ tbsp of mava evenly over it
- Pour 1 tbsp each of rose syrup, orange syrup, kala khatta syrup and kacchi kairi syrup evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1½ tbsp of nuts evenly over it and serve immediately.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more dryfruit golas.
- In the absence of an ice-crushing machine, lay out a clean towel and cover half of it with ice-cubes/ cracked ice pieces. Fold the other half of the cloth over it, and then crush the ice coarsely using a rolling pin.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.