Dry Fruit Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 161712 times
Khoya-based barfis are a delight to savour, because they have a rich milky flavour and amazing melt-in-the-mouth texture.
This particular Dry Fruit Barfi recipe is all the more special, because it also includes loads of dry fruits and nuts along with delicate spices too!
You will relish the traditional flavour and luxuriant mouth-feel of this special Dry Fruit Barfi, and also enjoy the fact that it is quite easy to make.
Besides barfi we have a collection of traditional Indian mithai recipes, to name a few popular ones, like Ghevar Doodh Paak, Mohanthal, Coconut and Rava Ladoo and Petha
Enjoy how to make Dry Fruit Barfi recipe with detailed step by step photos and video.
- To make the dry fruit barfi recipe, combine the mava and sugar in a deep non-stick kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the mixed nuts, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased aluminium tin and keep aside to cool for 5 hours.
- Cut the dry fruit barfi into 9 pieces and serve immediately.
- Store the dry fruit barfi in an air-tight container and it will stay fresh for 5 to 7 days at room temperature.
Dry Fruit Barfi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.