Dry Coconut With Jaggery Modak
by Jyoti V B
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24782 times
It is a sweet that maharashtrian's make on ganesh chaturti. We generally make 21 modaks for navidya.
- Combine the wheat flour and enough water and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Take the dough and make lemon size balls from it.
- Roll them , put the filling and then give modak shape.
- Take a pan and put oil, and deep fry the modak till they become golden-brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 10 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.