Drunken Grapes ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10639 times
Drunken grapes, dunked in joy—but beware, it’s for the adults. A lovely cold dessert in which sweet green grapes are marinated in brandy, topped with whipped cream and brown sugar, and grilled till the sugar melts. Although fresh green grapes can be quite crisp, the caramelised sugar is what is actually responsible for the crunchiness of this dessert.
- Combine the grapes and brandy in a bowl, toss well and allow them to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the grapes evenly in a 150 mm. (6") diameter ovenproof dish.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over it and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the sugar melts.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.