Drumstick and Cashew Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39134 times
Cashews being abundant in regions across the west coast of India, it is usually used to complement vegetables in various curries.
They are commonly combines with drumstick, long beans etc. A horde of spices is usually used to balance the blandness of cashews.
Serve this delicious curry with rotis and rice.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add all the ingredients and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- When cool blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding little water if required.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the drumstick pieces and cook on a medium flame till they turn soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Soak the cashewnuts in ¾ cup of water for half an hour and drain.
- Combine the cashewnuts and coconut milk in a deep pan and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cashewnuts turn soft.
- Add the drumstick pieces, prepared paste and salt, mix well and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, pour the tempering over the curry. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||140.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.