Drumstick Leaf Upkari
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22270 times
Drumstick leaves are believed to be a miraculous remedy for eye problems. Eating them regularly keeps all eye diseases at bay! they are prescribed for people with poor vision ( caused due to vitamin deficiency) and for blood pressure etc. Its nature's miracle cure for many diseases.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and salt and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and the drumstick leaves and little water enough for the leaves to get cooked and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the moong dal, turmeric powder and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the coconut and asafoetida and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by dhuva11 on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.