Double Shot Delight
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 1387 times
This is a combination of two sweets. One can also call it as two-in-one sweet also.
- Combine the bottle gourd and sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook till sugar dissolves and water of the sugar evaporates.
- Add the mava and milk, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes thick and forms halwa like structure.
- Add green food colour and cardamom powder and mix well and keep aside.
- Mix sugar and add enough water to cover the sugar and bring to a boil till the syrup becomes of 1 string consistency.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Combine the mave, maida, sugar and cardamom powder, baking soda and mix well using hands and knead to a dough without using any water.
- Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into small equal balls and flatten them in your palms.
- Place the prepared stuffing at the center and cover and seal the stuffing by bringing the sides together in the centre.
- Take care that there should be no cracks on the outer surface.
- Repeat for making more such balls.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep fry these balls till they turn dark brown in colour.
- Soak the fried balls in the prepared sugar syrup for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the syrup and roll on dessicated coconut and serve at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 17 Apr 2012Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.