by vedagiri v
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38709 times
Dosakayi is a yellow indian curry cucumber, has sweet taste and neutral flavor. It is used extensively in the preparation of stews and curries, particularly during the summer season in southern parts of india and sri lanka. Best served with hot steamed rice and ghee to add to taste. Can be also served with dosa.
- Chop the yellow cucumber into fine cubes.
- Grind the rest of the above listed ingredients to into a fine paste.
- Add the cucumber pieces to the paste and grind it coarsely.
- Take oil into a tadka pan
- Add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add urad dal followed by a red chilly and a pinch of asafoetida and season the pachadi.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
This recipe was contributed by vedagiri v on 17 Dec 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.