Doodhi ka Halwa ( Mithai)
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8978 times
Doodhi ka halwa is a North Indian sweet dish prepared from grated doodhi(also known as bottle gourd or lauki) cooked with sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet!
Add your private note
Doodhi ka Halwa ( Mithai) recipe - How to make Doodhi ka Halwa ( Mithai)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hoursMakes 4 servings
- 1. Heat the ghee in a pan, add the grated doodhi and saute till it turns translucent.
- 2. Add the milk and cardamoms and bring to a boil.
- 3. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. When the halwa is almost dry, add the sugar and food colour and mix well.
- 5. Stir for 5 to 10 minutes till the moisture has evaporated.
- 6. Serve hot, garnished with the slivered almonds.
This recipe was contributed by arpalp on 20 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.