Doodhi Vadi Nu Shaak
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21431 times
Doodhi vadi nu shaak a new version of bootle guard (lauki) shaak with chola dal vadi.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and deep fry the vadis till they turn golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in another pan, add the bottle gourd with little water, salt and soda bi carb, mix well and cover and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes, stirring once in between.
- When the doodhi is half cooked, add the vadi, mix well, cover and cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the bottle gourd and vadi becomes tender.
- Add little water if required and add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhania-jeera powder, sugar, asafoetida and coriander, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapatis.
- Do not cook for long time after adding vadi, as overcooking will mash the vadis.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 29 Aug 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.